This new program for 2018 is launching in January 2018
Why are we launching the Centre for Advanced Cyber Security?
There are a number of circumstances which are combining that makes a focus on Security a priority for 3Open Labs.
1) Slow adoption of disruptive and transformative technologies by companies of all sizes and across most industries due to security fears.
2) Advancement of cyber security risk globally.
3) Increasing amounts of R+D in both current and new Post Quantum Cryptography in Canadian Universities.
4) Access to existing technologies in security solutions available today from many companies.
5) Access to new IP in Post Quantum Cryptography to be commercialized in Canada.
6) Certification training for IoT Product Managers / IT & OT and Developers for the IoT Security Decision Framework (an IoT Foundry Service)
7) Custom security training and industry/ certification training options for all stakeholders.
8) Facilitate Leadership Forums for Canadian Corporations.
9) Partnership with startups, technology partners and corporate clients via Open Innovation to create new solutions which can then be commercialized and corporate strategic optioning services can be offered to track IP.
10) Halton Region and the Technology Corridor already have significant resources which can benefit from a focused Cyber Security Cluster.